President & CEO of Collins Community Credit Union
As President & CEO of Collins Community Credit Union, Stefanie takes a vision and makes it reality with sound leadership and strategy development. Her passion for financial inclusion began with her first job at age 16, as a teller, where she saw the transformative opportunities financial access can provide to those in need. Now, leveraging over 30 years of experience, Stefanie has become an influential powerhouse in the credit union industry. Using visionary leadership, and a quick ability to build relationships and cultivate opportunities, she has a proven history of creating lasting and meaningful change in our industry.
Stefanie began her career at Old Kent Bank, serving various departments and cities throughout Michigan for 10 years. In 2003, she joined Standard Bank as EVP, Retail Banking Manager, where she managed 42 Financial Centers in Illinois and Northwest Indiana. During her tenure at Standard Bank, she also oversaw Telephone Banking, Consumer Lending, Mortgage, Marketing, Personal Lines Insurance, and jointly managed Wealth Management. Stefanie joined Collins Community Credit Union in 2011 as the Chief Operating Officer and has served as President and CEO since 2016. Her career experience, advanced degrees, and industry accreditations from prominent universities such as Michigan State, Wharton School of Business, MIT, and Stanford, have shaped her diverse lens, broad perspectives, and leadership philosophies.
- Serves on several Boards of Directors including Tanager Place, First Community Trust and JDRF of Eastern Iowa
- Serves on an Advisory Council with fintech giant Fiserv, advising on member engagement strategies
- Serves on the Advocacy Committee for the Iowa Credit Union League
- Doubled Collins Community Credit Union’s asset size in the first 10 years of her tenure
- Founded multiple Credit Union Service Organizations (CUSOs) in insurance, investments, and lending
- Founded the Global Women’s Leadership Network (GWLN) Iowa Sister Society, which connects credit union peers across the state of Iowa to advocate for gender equality and the advancement of women within the industry
- Was featured as a woman of influence by the Corridor Business Journal and the Des Moines Business Record