As Chief Experience Officer for Maps Credit Union since 2019, Chris Giles has contributed to the long-term strategic redesign of the organization’s branch network and digital and remote service channels. Giles also works to solidify fintech partnerships and investments to ensure Maps’ products and delivery channels align consistently with the vision of the credit union as an agile, technology-advantaged organization. Before serving as Chief Experience Officer, Giles served as General Manager and then CEO for the Maps subsidiary company CU Wireless, later heading up the newly created Payments function at the credit union.
- Served as VP of Payments and Sr. VP of Payments and Digital Strategy prior to his current role at Maps
- Works with Maps’ technology groups to lead a cross-functional team tasked with creating best-in-class digital tools for members
- Earned numerous LinkedIn licenses and certifications, including Finance Foundations; Digital Transformation; RPA, AI, and Cognitive Tech for Leaders; and Transformational Leadership
- Graduated from the University of Oregon
- Served as head coach for Westside Timers, a premier competitive, community-oriented soccer club
- Serves on the board of directors for Maps Community Foundation
- Regularly speaks on a variety of topics, such as emerging payment trends and product innovation, at industry events across the nation, including annual meetings of the California, Nevada, Oregon, and Connecticut Credit Union Leagues, National Association of Credit Union Service Organizations (NACUSO), the Marketing Association of Credit Unions (MAC), and AXFI.