Elizabeth Caven is a seasoned entrepreneur whose experience as a founder extends from venture funding and scaling through acquisition. As a founder, she has received international recognition as a stand-out leader from acclaimed tech publications, the Small Business Administration, and APEC. Previously, Elizabeth invested in and worked with startups through gener8tor, a nationally ranked accelerator ecosystem. Her work with early-stage companies has spanned various industries, including investing in insurtech startups in partnership with Allianz Life and Securian Financial.
She loves the credit union philosophy of “people helping people” and has been a director on the boards of multi-billion-dollar credit unions for the past 14 years. Outside of work and volunteering, she enjoys spending time with her husband and four children in the Twin Cities.
- Certified in CUNA Board Financial Literacy by the Credit Union National Association
- Holds a Bachelor of Arts in business and Spanish from Cedarville University
- Holds a Master of Business Administration from IE University in Madrid, Spain
- Invented the technology and process for a paperless sewing pattern system, scaled her customer base across all 50 states and 83 countries
- Awarded first place in the SBA’s InnovateHER 2016 awards out of 2000 entrepreneurs and was asked by the White House to represent US small businesses as a delegate to the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation
- Serves as a director of Wings Financial, a Minnesota-based institution with $8.5B in assets
- Sat on the Veridian Credit Union board for almost ten years
- Sat on The Veridian Group CUSO board for over six years