Vice President of Strategic Partnerships
As Vice President of Strategic Partnerships, Jim is responsible for assisting the President & CEO in leading key top-tier partnerships at Curql Collective, including managing key partnerships with fintech, credit unions, the Curql Fund manager, and other key industry stakeholders. Jim formulates new and supports existing business strategies, develops and manages strategic partnerships, and leads projects. Jim is passionate about credit unions and is excited to make a difference in the credit union movement through strategy, innovation, and partnerships at Curql Collective.
Prior to joining Curql Collective, Jim was President of Financial Center Services, LLC., the wholly-owned CUSO of Financial Center First Credit Union (FCFCU) in Indianapolis, IN where he led the overall organization, direction, control, and evaluation of CUSO operations, partnerships, and investments. At FCFCU, Jim managed the credit union’s Centralized Sales Team, including business development, investment services, and the centralized lending area. Jim is an experienced credit union executive recognized for successfully developing and leading high-performing teams that achieve the credit union’s vision, goals, and objectives. Jim is an accomplished relationship builder who develops strong partnerships with external and internal key stakeholders that lead to mutual rewards.
- Seasoned sales and business development professional in the bank and credit union space
- Tested business-to-business and business-to-member team leader with experience managing direct and indirect lending, public fund and business deposits, health savings account employer groups, financial literacy business partnerships, call center sales, investment and retirement services, and credit union growth and revenue generation strategy
- Effective executive, coach, and public speaker
- Served on the Supervisory Committee of Kokomo Heritage Federal Credit Union (2016 – 2019)
- Serves on the board of Little Angel Gowns
- Successfully developed a CUSO partnership with Ball State University and Financial Center Services, LLC.
- As part of a team, earned three National CUNA Awards:
- National Second Place Louise Herring Award for Philosophy in Action (2021)
- National First Place Desjardins Award for Adult Financial Literacy (2020)
- National First Place Dora Maxwell Award for Credit Union Cooperation (2019)
- Indiana Military Veterans Hall of Fame Fundraising Committee that built the first free-standing war memorial of its kind in the United States (2017)
- Indianapolis-Marion County City-County Council Proclamation for youth group leadership and fundraising for homeless, at-risk youth (2009)