Curql fund Investment Committee Member
As Chief Member Experience Officer of VyStar Credit Union, one of the nation’s largest credit unions with $12B in assets, Joel leads innovation strategies to create lasting and impactful member relationships with the credit union’s more than 800K members worldwide. Most notable among his contributions at the organization is the creation of a FinTech investment fund, which now has $40 million invested in multiple FinTech Credit Union Service Organizations. Prior to VyStar, Joel held senior leadership positions at Alaska USA FCU.
- Serves on VyStar’s executive leadership team
- Leads digital experience, branch services for 62+ locations, a contact center with 250+ employees operating 7 days a week, operations, and payments efforts at VyStar
- Demonstrated successful performance in multiple C-level roles
- Held multiple executive roles at $9B+ Alaska USA FCU, including oversight of their digital delivery as VP of Electronic Services and leading 87 branches across four states as SVP of Branch Services.
- Directed the investment of $2.5M in two separate rounds into Payveris, a digital money movement company that had a successful exit and provided an over 200% ROI to the credit union.
- Completed a $20M investment for Nymbus, a banking-as-a-service FinTech startup
- Founding Board Member and member of the Investment Committee of the Curql Fund.