President and CEO
As President and CEO of Curql Collective, Nick cultivates opportunities to help fintech and credit unions collaborate on breakthrough technologies that minimize threats and successfully improve, disrupt and position the industry with a best-in-class member experience.
Prior to leading Curql Collective, Nick was President of The Veridian Group, Inc. (TVG), the wholly-owned CUSO holding company of Veridian Credit Union, where he led investment strategy and direction for the $5.2B institution. Based in Waterloo, Iowa, TVG’s holdings include Veridian Insurance and Veridian Fiscal Solutions with total staff over 45 strong. During his tenure, Nick managed TVG’s more than ten direct minority investments in CUSO companies, positioning the organization with direct equity stakes in Dwolla, Alkami Technology and Moov Financial and committing approximately $10MM in six venture or seed capital funds.
- Leads a board of nine directors who govern TVG
- Serves or has served on the boards of all CUSOs in which TVG
has ownership positions
- Experienced in managing CUSOs with expertise in insurance, payroll services, commercial lending, mortgage lending, auto lending, loan technology, digital payments, credit cards, marketing, voice recognition, and a mobile wallet
- Co-founded VentureTech, a leading industry fintech forum
- Sits on the Investment Committee of Next Level Ventures, Iowa’s first approved Innovation Tax Credit venture capital fund
- Helps support investment in over 30 start-up technology companies with over $50MM dollars of capital put to work over the previous eight years
- Started a seed capital fund in northeast Iowa that is invested in five start-ups
- Serves on the board of a co-working space offering acceleration
programming to start-ups
- Mentors at two fintech accelerators
- Led the Veridian initiative to invest $5MM in Curql Fund and was named to the Investment Committee upon its inception