Last modified: March 13, 2023
This Policy describes the types of information that Curql may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://www.curql.com/ (the “Website”) or the portal https://portal.curql.com/ (the “Portal”) and Curql’s practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies to information that Curql collects:
- On the Website and Portal.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Website or Portal.
This Policy does not apply to information collected by:
- Curql offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Curql or any third party (including, if applicable, any Curql affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including, if applicable, Curql affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or through the Website or Portal.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand Curql’s policies and practices regarding your information and how Curql will treat it. If you do not agree with Curql’s policies and practices, it is your choice to not use the Website or Portal. By accessing or using the Website or Portal, you agree to this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time, in Curql’s sole discretion, without notice. Your continued use of the Website or Portal after Curql makes changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
Information Curql Collects About You and How Curql Collects It
Curql collects several types of information from and about users of the Website and Portal, including information:
- That identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular person or device (“Personal Information”). Personal Information does not include information that is lawfully made publicly available from federal, state, or local government records;
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your location; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website and Portal, and usage details.
Curql collects this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to Curql.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website or Portal. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
- From certain third parties.
Information You Provide to Curql
The information Curql collects on or through the Website or Portal may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website or Portal. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to Curql service(s), posting material, or requesting further services from Curql. Curql may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website or Portal.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact Curql.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “Posted”) on public areas of the Website or Portal, or transmitted to other users of the Website, the Portal, or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions may be Posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although Curql limits access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, Curql cannot control all of the actions of other users of the Website or the Portal with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, Curql cannot and does not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information Curql Collects Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Website or Portal, Curql may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Website or Portal, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access, download, and use on the Website or Portal.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information Curql collects automatically is only statistical data and does not include Personal Information. It helps Curql to improve the Website and Portal and to deliver better and more personalized service, including, but not limited to, enabling Curql to:
- Estimate Curql’s audience size and usage patterns.
- Recognize you when you return to the Website or Portal.
The technologies Curql uses for this automatic data collection may include:
How Curql Uses Your Information
Curql uses information that it collects about you or that you provide to Curql, including any Personal Information:
- To present the Website, the Portal, and their respective content to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from Curql.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out Curql’s obligations and to enforce Curql’s rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Curql, including, but not limited to, billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Website, the Portal, or any products or services that Curql offers or provides through such channels.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Website and Portal.
- In any other way Curql may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Curql may also use your information to contact you about its own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want Curql to use your information in this way, please contact email@example.com.
Disclosure of Your Information
Curql may disclose aggregated information about its users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. For example, Curql may aggregate your non-Personal Information with that of other Website or Portal users for purposes of evaluating or improving services on such platforms.
In addition to User Contributions that include Personal Information, as described above, Curql may disclose, if applicable, Personal Information that Curql collects or you provide as described in this Policy:
- If applicable, to Curql’s subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties Curql uses to support its business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which Curql discloses it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by Curql when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
Curql may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If Curql believes disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Curql, its customers, or others.
The categories of Personal Information Curql may disclose include:
- First and Last Name
- Email Address
- Physical and/or Mailing Address
- Phone Number
There are laws in some states in which Curql does business that restricts Curql from disclosing Personal Information in one or more of the situations described in this Section without your approval, otherwise known as a right to opt-out or a requirement to opt-in. Where applicable, Curql follows the requirements that may apply to affected users.
Choices About How Curql Uses and Discloses Your Information
Curql strives to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to Curql. Curql has created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your Personal Information by logging into the Portal and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send Curql an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to Curql. Curql may, in its sole discretion, not accommodate a request to change information if it believes the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website or Portal, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website or Portal users.
Your State Privacy Rights
As indicated above, state consumer privacy laws may provide their residents with additional rights regarding Curql’s use of their Personal Information. To learn more about California residents’ privacy rights, visit https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa.
Other states may also provide their state residents with rights to:
- Confirm whether Curql processes their Personal Information.
- Access and delete certain Personal Information.
- Data portability.
- Opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales.
Other states also provide their state residents with rights to:
- Correct inaccuracies in their Personal Information, taking into account the information’s nature processing purpose.
- Opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
Curql has implemented commercially reasonable measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where Curql has given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to the Portal, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should not share your password with anyone. Curql also urges you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website or Portal (i.e. message boards). The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website or Portal.
You also acknowledge and agree that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Curql has implemented commercially reasonable measures to protect your Personal Information, Curql cannot guarantee the security of such information transmitted to the Website or Portal. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. Curql is not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website or Portal.
Changes to This Policy
Except as otherwise set forth in this paragraph, Curql reserves the right to make changes to this Policy at any time without notice. If Curql makes material changes to how it treats the users’ Personal Information, Curql will notify you through a notice on the Website and Portal home page, respectively. The date this Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring that Curql has an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting the Website, Portal, and this Policy to check for any changes.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy or Curql’s privacy practices, contact Curql at: email@example.com.